Bridgestone and Webfleet accelerate fleet electrification by launching the world’s first EV Services Platform unifying energy and mobility service providers
- The EV Services Platform connects fleets with a network of industry-leading service providers to optimise EV operations.
- Businesses will be able to seamlessly access energy management, battery analytics, fleet management and EV charging, routing and planning solutions all from one platform.
- The unique ecosystem enables providers from the mobility and energy industries to collaborate and connect, delivering data-based services to fleets better, faster and cheaper.
Amsterdam, the Netherlands (9 January 2024) – Bridgestone Mobility Solutions, the business of Bridgestone focused on data-driven mobility solutions including Europe’s leading fleet management solution Webfleet, announced the world’s first comprehensive EV Services Platform for fleets at CES® 2024 in Las Vegas today.
The EV Services Platform is a unique ecosystem that integrates solutions of industry leading mobility and energy providers into a single platform. Businesses with fleets will have access to a wide range of advanced EV services easier, faster and with a lower cost of integration accelerating fleet electrification and optimising EV operations.
The platform creates a seamless connection between these various service providers based on fleet and energy data. Webfleet, Bridgestone’s globally trusted fleet management solution and launch partner for the EV Services Platform, will provide essential vehicle data insights that enhance the EV services provided by connected partners. The end result for fleets is a one-stop shop for a simple and successful electrification journey.
This unique ecosystem organises its services into six key pillars, making it easy for customers to choose the ideal combination for their specific electric vehicle (EV) goals:
- Charging Hardware and Software: Have experts provide your charging infrastructure according to your fleet’s needs. Monitor and analyse performance of your private chargers
- Smart Charging: Reduce costs by avoiding peak loads and high energy tariffs, and lower emissions by utilizing renewable energy.
- Energy Management: Receive expert guidance on your energy infrastructure and efficient energy management for your vehicles and buildings.
- Battery Analytics: Ensure fleet safety and reliability with alerts for battery issues. Improve vehicles’ residual value with reports on battery health.
- Planning: Plan orders and optimize for electric fleets, considering energy, charging, battery, and route constraints.
- Fleet Management: Run your EV operations reliably and optimally based on real-time vehicle data and insights on driver behaviour and energy consumption.
“As businesses across the world step up to cut carbon emissions, electrification is top of mind for many fleets”, says Taco Olthoff, EV Program Director, Bridgestone Mobility Solutions.
“But the route to electrification comes with challenges – high investments, maintaining a reliable operation and optimising your business to increase range and cut costs. These issues can only be solved when the energy and mobility industry collaborate. For EV service providers the goal is to integrate in a scalable way to properly address the challenges fleet customers face.”
“Seamless data exchange is the missing link – the thing that unlocks the full value that energy and mobility service providers can deliver by integrating their systems much closer than ever before. This is why our EV Services Platform is such a game changer. A fleet manager can, for example, get range information to allocate the most suitable vehicle to get a specific job done. This trip information can then be shared with their charging management provider to select which vehicle should be charged and when based on the required battery level and trip schedule.”
Leading players in the energy and mobility industry connecting their EV services
Fleet customers will be able to seamlessly share data between any of the connected EV service providers to streamline electric fleet operations. Users will always stay in full control of their own data, deciding which data will be shared, when and how.
Many prominent energy and mobility service providers have already announced their commitment to integrating with the EV Services Platform this year. These providers include:
- Energy service providers:
o Eaton: Power expert transforms sites into energy hubs with EVCI, storage, and energy management.
o The Mobility House: 360° charging solution provider for fleets including smart charging and energy management system.
o VEV: Experts in the design, build and operation of EV fleets across vehicles, charging and energy.
o Heliox: A range of fast-charging and scalable solutions tailored for heavy-duty electric vehicles.
o CTEK: High quality, safe EV chargers since 2009.
o Bia Power: Forecasting, monitoring and optimisation for electric vehicle charging.
o Recoy: A Heliox company that provides smart charging and energy management solutions for light and heavy commercial vehicles.
- Mobility service providers:
o TomTom: The location technology specialist
o Simacan: End-to-end supply chain optimisation.
o Volytica: Independent and manufacturer-agnostic battery diagnosis.
o Webfleet: Europe’s number one fleet management solution.
o Azuga: Leading fleet management solutions in North America.
The platform is open to other partners in the e-mobility ecosystem with the goal of offering a complete range of services to fleets in a way that is flexible to their business needs. EV service providers that would like to integrate their offerings on the EV Services Platform and enhance their services using fleet and energy data can become an EV Services Platform Partner by registering at: https://www.webfleet.com/en_gb/webfleet/partners/ev-service-network/